We know that for Holidays you would like to spoil your family and friends with delicious dishes. Beside the traditional menu, which does not have to miss the tasty sarmale, the refreshing beef salad and Romanian rum, sit on Craicun table a few festive snacks.
Instead of buying them from the market, reserve a few minutes for a quick and easy recipe stars with cheese. It is prepared so easily that you can ask your child to help you! You will definitely be pleased with the final result!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- a sheet of dough for the foliage (or 320 grams of dough made in house);
- a shaved cheese cup (you can choose parmesan, smoked cheese, gingerbread or classic, depending on your preferences);
- 2 tablespoons of milk;
- seeds or spices for decorating the stars, at the end. We recommend dry poppy, sesame or oregano.
Method of preparation
1. Spread the dough and sprinkle grated cheese on half of the surface (do not use all the cheese because you will need this ingredient and in the end, to sprinkle over the stars). Then fold the dough;
2. Sprinkle a little flour on the worktop and, with a facet, stretch the dough filled with cheese until you get a thin sheet;
3. To get the star shapes, use special shapes, which you can find in most supermarkets, especially now on the verge of Holidays. You can let your child take care of this part, which will surely fascinate him;
4. The time has come to prepare the oven and the pan in which the dough will bake. Heat the oven to 180-200 degrees and, while reaching the right temperature, place baking paper on the tray;
5. Put the starlets on the tray and grease them with a little milk. Then sprinkle with them the grated cheese that has left you and your favorite seeds or spices (poppy, sesame, oregano, etc.);
6. Allow the stars to bake for about 10-12 minutes, until they become Romanian and get a golden hue. At the end, place them on a platter and invite your family to devour them as they are warm.
Tags Kids snacks