To become a fan of exercise after a long break, you can prepare yourself for walks, dancing, jumping and exercises focused on large groups of muscles.
Who has not frequented sports in high school, but wants to reappear with exercises for no reason rush to the room and try all the devices he finds around. Even if you have had a good physical condition in the past, your body must gradually adapt to your physical effort. Here are some recommendations:
1. Check your physical condition. If you have been in your family for 35 years and you have family members with heart problems, it is best to go to the doctor first to check your heart function, lungs and heart rate.
2. Change your mindset. Don't think of sport as a chore. Moving should not be done for the sake of the weak, but for pleasure. As a bonus, the body will become stronger, healthier, better shaped.
3. Start with walks. In the first three to four weeks, you can travel a distance of four to five kilometers, preferably in the park or through places with greenery. First slowly, then as fast as you can. When you get to easily travel in maximum one hour, it means that you have started to improve your physical condition and you can sign up for a gym.
4. Go "in the gang" to the room. If you find friends to accompany you to the room, you will be less tempted to give up. In case no one wants to join you, socialize with those you find at workouts. The more friends you have in the room, the easier it will be to go there with pleasure.
5. Communication coach. Ask for the help of the coaches in the room or the experienced people. It is important to do the exercises correctly and it will be easier if you get explanations. "An experienced trainer will try to get to know you better, to know your life, your habits, so that you can adapt your lifestyle exercises," explains Betty Preda, trainer at World Class Health Academy.
6. Work large muscle groups. Once you get to the gym, start with devices that work large muscle groups. "These exercises are more suitable for people without toning, without flexibility, with unplanned muscles," adds Betty Preda.
7. Dance. Dancing is an excellent way to get back in shape, provided you move long enough to apply to the body.
8. Bounce like the ball. It is a good exercise to do at home. Start the jumps slightly, then accelerate the pace. These movements also help to eliminate cellulite. You can perform them on music or while watching your favorite program. As an alternative, you can jump when on one leg, when on the other.
9. Cycling. And cycling is a good sport for starters. In addition, it helps to improve coordination, as well as increase muscle strength. You can practice it on weekends, along with family or friends.
Read the whole article in the Evenimentul Zilei
October 18, 2006