Dermatitis or diaper irritation is one of the most common skin conditions in babies, especially infants. It is an inflammation of the skin characterized by redness and reddish irritation in the area of the buttock and sometimes inguinal, uncomfortable for babies.
There are a number of measures that can be taken to prevent these painful inflammations, the most important being:
- choosing the right size of diapers - if they are too small or too large, they risk rubbing the baby's skin and causing irritation;
- proper hygiene of the genital area and of the ass, at each change of the diaper, by washing with warm water, without soap;
- placing the diaper only on clean and very dry skin; moisture favors the occurrence of diaper irritation;
- application of an ointment or cream with a protective role before each application of the diapers (give up talcum powder in favor of petroleum products or petroleum zinc oxide);
- frequent change of diapers after each chair or urination.
Sudocrem is suitable for application on the diaper area at every change. Here are the active ingredients of this cream, which offers a complex protection:
- Zinc oxide: determines the contraction of the tissues, thus reducing the loss of tissue fluids in the regeneration process;
- Benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate: promotes the development of epithelial cells, accelerates the endothelialization process;
- Benzyl alcohol: inhibits the development of bacteria, eliminates the unpleasant sensation of burning;
- Lanolin: softens and moisturizes, helps maintain skin hydration.
Do you know any other secrets of preventing skin irritation? Tell us your suggestions in the comments section below!
Tags Prevention of diaper irritation Baby diapers Irritation of baby diapers