The end of the summer vacation is fast approaching. Going back to school is a joy for some and sad for others. The reunion with colleagues is awaited with the soul at the mouth of all the children, stories will flow about the wonderful happenings, or places visited during the big vacation.
For the little ones who are preparing to enter the school gates for the first time, the next period will bring major changes. Adapting to the new can sometimes be difficult and time consuming for the children, the program will change and affect their entire routine until then.
To overcome these obstacles, you can use a few rescue tricks:
• communication is the basis. Try to explain to the child, in its meaning, the impact of the changes that will occur with the entry into the primary school cycle. Tell him about your first day of school and encourage him to look with optimism and confidence on this experience;
• try to change the routine of bedtime even before the start of school and take responsibility for activities such as: going alone to the toilet, washing hands, dressed alone.
Structure of the 2017-2018 school year
2017-2018 school year it will start sooner than we used to, namely on 11th of September. The winter holiday begins just two days before Christmas, and the last day of school will be on June 16, 2018.
Semester I is 19 weeks old and runs from September 11, 2017 - February 2, 2017 as follows:
- Courses: September 11, 2017 - December 22, 2017;
- Winter holidays: December 23, 2017 - January 7, 2018;
- Courses: January 8, 2018 - February 2, 2018;
- Intermediate vacations: February 3, 2018 - February 11, 2018.
Between October 28, 2017 - November 5, 2017, preschool and primary school benefit from vacation.
The second semester is 17 weeks and runs from February 12, 2018 - June 22, 2018, as follows:
- Courses: February 12, 2018 - April 6, 2018;
- Spring Break: April 10, 2018 - April 22, 2018;
- Courses: April 23, 2018 - June 22, 2018;
- Summer vacation is: June 23, 2018 - September 9, 2018.
In order to prepare for the National Testing 2018, the students of the eighth grades will take vacations starting with June 8, 2018, and for those who hold the Baccalaureate in 2018, the school courses will end on May 25, 2018.
"Other school" in the 2017-2018 school year
• The "Other School" project is a program with a duration of 5 consecutive working days, which is carried out at national level. It can be carried out at any time between October 2, 2017 - May 31, 2018, based on a planning that is strictly by the faculty council of each school institution.
• The "Other School" program will be established in such a way that it does not coincide with the period of national tests, semester theses or national stages of the Olympics.
• Based on the experiences of the first 2 years, it was found that it is preferable that the period of development of this program be different in the educational units to avoid overcrowding. Being a week in which teachers and students strengthen their relationship, not being constrained by the stress of the catalog and the bell, various activities are organized, many of them taking place outside the classes where the courses are held.
• "The Other School" is the clear proof that there can be a relaxed, friendly relationship between teachers and students, and the routine in which the education for many years sinks can be broken.
The days of October 5, 2017 (International Day of Education) and June 5, 2018 (Teacher Day) will be marked by specific events, according to the existing plans at the level of each educational unit.
Also, there will be no courses in the free days provided by law:
- November 30 - Saint Andrew;
- December 1 - National Day of Romania;
- May 1 - Labor Day;
- May 27 (Sunday), May 28 (Monday) - Pentecost.
Buy supplies now!
Preparations for the new school year are a wonderful opportunity to spend time with the child, to involve him in making decisions and to make him feel that his opinions and ideas are worth considering. After all, he will be at the center of the action at school! The child has to decide what cover the mat book should have, how the pen looks and what character to be on the bag in which he will keep his books and notebooks all year.
The agglomeration makes the law before the beginning of a new school year. In order to avoid unpleasant situations, we advise you to purchase some school articles in advance:
- books, books, supplies;
- clothing, footwear;
- office accessories (light bulb, pen and pencil holder, etc.).
Tags Structure of the new school year Children's school Back to school